The organizers of the European Development Championship announce the invited teams for the sixth season of the EDC. Participants will compete for a prize pool of $45,000.
GAM3RS_X and Eden Esports announced two new seasons of the European Development Championship, giving the field to competition for dozens of teams currently residing in Europe.
The open qualifiers of the sixth season already started on October 22nd, and today we got to know the participants invited to the first two phases of the event.
European Development Championship made a strong mark on the esports map of Europe in 2021, when to meet the expectations of players and esports fans – five seasons of games were organized over the course of eight months, giving participants over $150,000. The competition was attended by teams such as ENCE, Copenhagen Flames and Entropiq, which just a few weeks later showed their great side at the CS:GO World Championship in Stockholm. All European Development Championship games will be broadcast on Twitch on the Eden Esports.
The distribution of slots for the next two seasons is as follows:
- Open qualifiers, which give teams a chance to advance to Play-in in the European Development Championship, were won by the following formations: vezet, Insilio, Masonic and ex-TAG.
- Play-in Stage (October 27-November 4) will be played according to a double elimination bracket and four teams will advance to the next stage. The teams participating in this phase are: GTZ, Copenhagen Flames, Websterz, Astralis Talent, GenOne, PACT, EC Brugge, NAVI Junior, Anonymi, Viperio, Beyond Possible and Infinite.
- The group stage (November 6-13) will be played in GSL format with four teams in each group. After selecting all participants, they will be divided into individual baskets. The invited teams will take part in this stage: B8, ECLOT, Illuminar, Tricked, Fnatic Rising, ex-Finest, Sinners, Into the Breach, HONORIS, SC, LDLC, Nemiga and 4 teams selected in the Play-In phase.
- The play-off phase (November 19 – 21) will again see sixteen teams – including 8 advancing from the group phase and an additional 8 invited by the organizers, to be announced later in the tournament. The best of these will be determined via a single elimination ladder.
The two best teams of each season of the European Development Championship, in addition to the financial prize, will receive invitations to the bootcamp, which can help them develop team and individual skills in a city where tournaments such as the ESL Pro League or Major qualifiers are played. The prize pool is distributed as follows:
- 1st place – $ 20,000 + bootcamp Malta
- 2nd place – $ 10,000 + bootcamp Malta
- 3rd 4th place – $ 5,000
- 5th 8th place – $ 1,250
The organizers of the European Development Championship are GAM3RS_X and Eden Esports, who have extensive experience in organizing esports events and esports tournaments. GAM3RS_X’s achievements include cooperation with such partners as BLAST, Starladder or PGL and has produced thousands of hours of CS: GO esports and other games. Eden Esports organizes international online and offline esports competitions such as SuperNova, Champions Cup, EDC, Malta Vibes and is a fundamental partner. Champion of Champions Tour. Eden Esports’ goal is to make Malta one of its esports hubs by hosting events, live streaming and bringing industry companies to the island. The brands Gaming Malta, Hellcase and GRID have become the partners of the two new seasons of the European Development Championship.